If you own a PS3 and don’t own a webcam, this isn’t a bad opportunity to have a multipurpose webcam! Simply download the driver via the NIU Group thread on their forums.
Specs on PS3 Eye-Toy on PC
What are the specs on this webcam?
- 4 channel audio input:16 bits/channel, 48kHz, SNR 90db
- 56º or 75º Field of View zoom lens
- 2.1 F-stop, <1% distortion, fixed focus (25cm to 8 at 75º FOV)
- 640 x 480 at 60 frames/second
- 320 x 240 at 120 frames/second
- USB.0 high-speed data transfer
- Uncompressed video or optional JPEG compression
Tell me how it went
Tell me how it went. I currently bought an EyeToy for the PS3 for $25 including shipping on eBay but haven’t tried it extensively. I simply got to see the feed of the camera through their program but haven’t been able to use the camera through Skype or MSN yet. Either way it looks very promising!